Tuesday, September 27, 2005

A few days off

I last ran 8 on Saturday, took Sunday and Monday off intentionally. I had kinda planned to run today, but I am still experiencing lower abdominal cramping. This has been disconcerting for several weeks. But I did a hard Back and Bicep workout, followed by an attempt at a BodyFlow
class. After only 5 minutes, the cramps got so bad, waves of nausea came, so I quit. Mild twinges off and on the rest of the day. I recently added a supplement from my chiropractor, (Thyroid, spleen and thymus concentrate) to combat thryroid and adrenal issues. Tomorrow I have a physical at 8 am for which i have to fast from midnight, so I don't think I'll be running first thing. Hopefully I can run later. Thursday is tennis day, but I ran last Thursday and it served as a good warm up. Part of running is developing a consistency, when life is anything but.
Last night I cranked up Peter Frampton Comes Alive double CD from the early 70's. It made me cry as usual. "I called your name, but there was no answer." "Do you, you, feel like I do?"
That is bar none, the best live album ever produced. On second thought, Santana's live Sacred Fire is my all time favorite album and captures versions of his classics like no other moment in time.
Today is my daughter Mary Beth's 19th Birthday. I ran my first (and only) marathon when I was about 2 or 3 weeks pregnant with her and didn't know it. No wonder she's such a go-getter. My son Brian got his FAA physical today which will serve as his student pilot license until he finishes with the instruction and gets the real thing. He plans to enter the military upon graduation Spring 2006.